Search This Blog

Monday, October 4, 2010

Another Addition Another Addiction Another Edition

Well this will be my third(?), fourth perhaps, open blog posting site I've tried.  I have a couple of Opendiary accounts; I used to have livejournal, xanga, and the occasional blog post on Myspace.  I will be honest.  I don't know how often I'll use this account to pollute the interwebz with more of my rambling needless rants.  But for now...I'll give it a chance.

A quick run-down:  Dated a girl close to 4 years, broke up in october last year, started to do poorly in school, started to improve...but still couldn't finish my thesis (well I did...they just didn't like it so i have to edit it),  walked with my classmates...but I won't officially matriculate until after my curriculum obligations are met, had to take an extra semester, started actually participating to the full extent of my abilities and doing really well,  started dating L about a few weeks ago, and minus a few excerpts here and there that's where my life stands.

After I graduate I plan on getting a job back home in the 'Cuse so I can save up for two things:  A car, and a Eurotrip in the summer with my cousin and a couple of friends potentially.  In the scheme of things, I want to end up as a teacher (Why?  Only God knows.).  I also thoroughly enjoy writing.  Fiction mostly.  But I dabble into poetry every now and then.  Coincidentally enough, poetry is what my thesis was in...I am much more partial to fiction as I've learned of late.  I would have been better off going with what I wanted to do in the first place instead of trying to broaden my writing style...Though, in all honesty...once everything is said and done, I believe my writing ability will be substantially improved after this endeavor.

Recently I informed my mother that I partake in the occasional use of the famous recreational herb that mellows people out.  She told me not to do anything stupid like get in trouble for it.  In a hypothetical question I asked my mom if she would ever smoke with me.  She said she would say yes.  Well ain't that some shit.  I got a kick out of it.  Whether or not she will only time will tell.  Ironically...I wouldn't go so far as to "thank" my new habit...but I have noticed a significant improvement in my capacity of motivation to get shit done.  Which is phenomenal.  Somehow I've managed to balance work and play.  Essentially I can have my cake and eat it too.

I've fought long and hard in order to move myself past procrastination and enter into the realm of assertiveness.  I don't know why, but trying to change yourself for the better, to improve yourself, it was extremely difficult and I don't think I'm out of the woods yet.  But for now I am quite content where life has taken me...where I've taken myself.  I'm rolling with the waves and going with the flow, but I'm still in control. Well as much as I like to brag that I've gotten to the point where I'm accomplishing my goals...I'm still putting off writing the next installment in my semester long project of producing a long narrative...I suppose I will suck it up now and start to work on it.  Peace and Love homies.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, making self improvements is probably one of the hardest task a person may ever take on. The real breakthrough is when you realize that you need improvement. After that it is an uphill battle, but the slope is lower that 45 degrees.

    ReplyDelete